Here you can check out our current job offers. Please click on a position, to learn more about our requirements and other details.
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Transportation Coordinator/Receptionist
POSITION REPORTS TO: Transportation Coordinator
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: To assist the Transportation Coordinator in managing and coordinating all transportation activities for bus and volunteer drivers including scheduling, dispatching, record-keeping, and bus maintenance; and to receive all incoming phone and radio communications.
MAJOR JOB SEGMENTS: Transportation
- To schedule and dispatch all transportation services including bus and volunteer drivers.
- To keep accurate dispatching and mileage records.
- Schedule all vehicle maintenance and keep accurate records on all OCCOA vehicles.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator or Executive Director
MAJOR JOB SEGMENTS: Receptionist
- Assist in receiving all incoming phone calls for OCCOA.
- Provide friendly and appropriate customer service to all clients and guests.
- Transfer to voicemail all calls for other staff members when they are unavailable or out of the office.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator or Executive Director.
- An enthusiasm, knowledge and understanding of working with older adults.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with staff, volunteers and general public,
- Ability to maintain accurate and pertinent records.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel and internet usage.
POSITION TITLE: Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
POSITION REPORTS TO: Registered Nurse
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: Performance of routine household, personal care, and respite for the Caregiver tasks to help maintain an adequate and safe living environment for senior citizens with functional limitations
SCHEDULE: Part time (20-29 hours)
- Bathing and Hygiene
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Personal Care
- Respite for the Caregiver
- Light housekeeping tasks including dusting, vacuuming, mopping floors, cleaning bathroom and kitchen, making bed, laundry services and maintaining a safe and healthy living environment
- Shopping for necessities including groceries
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with clients and their family
- Meal preparation
- Observe report and record any change in client’s condition and home environment
- General conversation and social support for the client
- All other duties assigned by supervisor
- Must possess a current, full, active and unrestricted CNA license in the state of Michigan
- An enthusiasm for working with senior citizens
- Ability to work with senior citizens with functional limitations
- Ability to perform housekeeping, laundry and cleaning tasks
- Ability to maintain accurate records
Position Title: Sub-Bus Driver
Position reports to: Transportation Coordinator and Executive Director
General Purpose of Position: Operate all transit vehicles in a safe and reliable manner for the Oceana County Council on Aging.
Major job segments:
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections, record passengers as they enter/exit the bus, complete daily paperwork as needed, complete accident and incident reports as necessary.
- Operate transit vehicles in accordance with published schedules.
- Operate wheelchair lifts and assist in properly securing wheelchair passengers and wheelchairs.
- Assist elderly and disabled passengers.
- Report route problems or accidents to the Transportation Coordinator.
- Collect proper bus fare and turn in daily or weekly to the Transportation Coordinator.
- Maintain order and behavior of transit passengers in a courteous and professional manner and handle customer inquiries, complaints and suggestions.
- Maintain professional attitude and conduct at all times and maintain a professional appearance – wearing an OCCOA uniform is required.
- Participate in training and safety programs.
- Perform related activities as assigned.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Valid Michigan Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with CP endorsements. Comply with pre-employment and random federally mandated drug and alcohol testing programs.
- Maintain an excellent driving record.
- Possess knowledge of driving and safety rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with Oceana county roads.
- Possess the skills and ability to operate a transit vehicle in a safe manner.
- Ability to communicate courteously, effectively and tactfully while properly interacting with the general public and other employees.
- Ability to prepare reports concerning rider-ship, bus conditions and accidents/incidents.
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions.
- Drivers must be in good physical condition such to allow for light physical work activity involving bending, stooping and prolonged sitting with considerable pushing and pulling of arm and leg controls.
- Drivers must be physically able to move and assist wheelchair patrons on and off vehicles and properly secure wheelchair users.
- In case of an accident or emergency, drivers may be required to remove passengers from the bus – particularly if the passenger is elderly and/or disabled.
Position Requirements: Sub-Bus Driver, 1-19 hours per week, partial employee benefits
Starting pay scale: $11.00/hour
Send resumee to:
Attn Roma Battice
621 E Main Street
Hart, MI 49420