We currently offer the following job openings:
Position Title: Sub-Bus Driver
Position reports to: Transportation Coordinator and Executive Director
General Purpose of Position: Operate all transit vehicles in a safe and reliable manner for the Oceana County Council on Aging.
Major job segments:
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections, record passengers as they enter/exit the bus, complete daily paperwork as needed, complete accident and incident reports as necessary.
- Operate transit vehicles in accordance with published schedules.
- Operate wheelchair lifts and assist in properly securing wheelchair passengers and wheelchairs.
- Assist elderly and disabled passengers.
- Report route problems or accidents to the Transportation Coordinator.
- Collect proper bus fare and turn in daily or weekly to the Transportation Coordinator.
- Maintain order and behavior of transit passengers in a courteous and professional manner and handle customer inquiries, complaints and suggestions.
- Maintain professional attitude and conduct at all times and maintain a professional appearance – wearing an OCCOA uniform is required.
- Participate in training and safety programs.
- Perform related activities as assigned.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Valid Michigan Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with CP endorsements. Comply with pre-employment and random federally mandated drug and alcohol testing programs.
- Maintain an excellent driving record.
- Possess knowledge of driving and safety rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with Oceana county roads.
- Possess the skills and ability to operate a transit vehicle in a safe manner.
- Ability to communicate courteously, effectively and tactfully while properly interacting with the general public and other employees.
- Ability to prepare reports concerning rider-ship, bus conditions and accidents/incidents.
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions.
- Drivers must be in good physical condition such to allow for light physical work activity involving bending, stooping and prolonged sitting with considerable pushing and pulling of arm and leg controls.
- Drivers must be physically able to move and assist wheelchair patrons on and off vehicles and properly secure wheelchair users.
- In case of an accident or emergency, drivers may be required to remove passengers from the bus – particularly if the passenger is elderly and/or disabled.
Position Requirements: Sub-Bus Driver, 1-19 hours per week, partial employee benefits
Starting pay scale: $11.00/hour