POSITION TITLE: Assistant Transportation Coordinator/Receptionist
POSITION REPORTS TO: Transportation Coordinator
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: To assist the Transportation Coordinator in managing and coordinating all transportation activities for bus and volunteer drivers including scheduling, dispatching, record-keeping, and bus maintenance; and to receive all incoming phone and radio communications.
MAJOR JOB SEGMENTS: Transportation
1. To schedule and dispatch all transportation services including bus and volunteer drivers.
2. To keep accurate dispatching and mileage records.
3. Schedule all vehicle maintenance and keep accurate records on all OCCOA vehicles.
4. Assist as needed in preparing the monthly financial statistical and service reports for Board of Directors.
5. Assist in preparing a yearly service plan and budget.
6. Perform other duties as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator or Executive Director.
MAJOR JOB SEGMENTS: Receptionist
1. Assist in receiving all incoming phone calls for OCCOA.
2. Provide friendly and appropriate customer service to all clients and guests.
3. Transfer to voicemail all calls for other staff members when they are unavailable or out of the office.
4. Perform other duties as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator or Executive Director.
1. An enthusiasm, knowledge and understanding of working with older adults.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Ability to work well with staff, volunteers and general public,
5. Ability to maintain accurate and pertinent records.
6. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel and internet usage.