Apart from the regular Fitness classes and activities mentioned here, please check out our Calendar to find all current Fitness classes.
Hesperia Fitness Group – Walking
Just keep walking! Have a warm coffee and a little smalltalk after your workout, you deserve it.
- Where: American Legion Hesperia - 4075 S. 198th Ave, Hesperia, MI 49421
- When: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:00-10:00 am
- Registration: Not needed, just stop by!
Walk with Friends
Haven't moved in a while? Then let's get moving! Join our Walk with Friends group. We walk different routes each time, depending on how you feel today!
- Where: OCCOA - 4250 W. Tyler Rd., Hart, MI 49420
- When: Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays at 1:30 pm
- Registration: Not needed, just stop by whenever you like!
OCCOA Walking Loop
We have our very own .94 mile walking loop from our old Center to Downtown Hart and back. Signs will guide you on this small walking loop. Everyone is more then welcome to follow our loop!
- Where: Start at the old Center at 621 E. Main St., Hart, MI 49420
- When: Anytime
- Registration: Not needed, just start walking!
- Loop: Show map
Michigan State University Online Classes
The online classes offered by the Michigan State University are a valuable option to stay fit and stay informed about important health topics. Those classes are not organized by the OCCOA, but we work together with DHD #10 and Michigan State University Extension to share those events with you.
Tuesdays, Sept. 28 - Nov. 1, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Diabetes PATH is a 6-week, self-management online workshop designed for people living with diabetes and their family members, friends, and caregivers. Over the course of 6 weeks, participants learn a variety of tools to:
- deal with the symptoms of diabetes
- increase physical activity
- plan meals and eat healthy
- work more effectively with health care providers
- set goals and accomplish them
Cost: FREE (for Michigan residents)